Loading... Please wait...

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Very Own Olympics


I love to watch the Olympics. While I’m not very athletic (quite the understatement!), I am always inspired by the commitment and sacrifice the athletes must make to reach this level of competition. But the only way I can justify watching hours of television, is to be productive. It doesn’t hurt that I love to crochet and have found a motif I am enjoying making over and over. This way I don’t have to concentrate too hard and can follow the action closer.


The motif from the cover design of A Year of Baby Afghans, Book 4, is the perfect design. Now, I’m not making a baby afghan, I just love that design. I changed to worsted weight cotton yarn and decided to use the brown and cream in every square and change the third color – I’ve used pink and green so far. I have a blue and a purple that I will experiment with later. Eventually, I will join them to make something – a tote bag, a scarf, or maybe small lap blanket. I really like how quickly the squares work up and can hopefully be ready to put together my 2010 Winter Olympics keepsake by the time the games are over.







Are you working on a project while you watch the games? I’d love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. I love those baby afghan blocks! That will really make a pretty blankie!

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.