Loading... Please wait...

Friday, February 12, 2010

A Snowy Silent Day

We woke up to a blanket of snow this week. My husband forged on to work, of course, so I enjoyed the silence that only snow can provide. I finally pulled myself from under the covers. While I sipped my first cup of coffee I made a list of all the things I needed to accomplish. The office was closed but with email and my Blackberry I was able to attend to the business issues. I cooked, I read, I paid bills, and then I pulled on my rubber boots and took a stroll outside. We live across the street from a lovely Episcopal church. It is a pleasure to look at all year round but with the addition of snow, it’s extra special.





While the snow is beautiful, I kept seeing signs of what I’m really waiting for…Spring! Beneath the snow, the tops of daffodils are poking up. I know that in that big terra cotta pot are more daffodils chilling that will provide me with a lovely vase of the first flowers in our garden.



Our raised beds are only weeks away from the first vegetables being planted. I REALLY love gardening and watching our backyard come to life.


So, while the snow is pretty, my thoughts are already turning to spring. How about you??

2 comments:

  1. I have definitely been thinking about Spring and the garden. We have raised beds here too an my daffodils have been starting to poke up also. I have a greenhouse that I'll be planting some seed in so that I'll have a lot of my vegetables ready to put in the ground as soon as the ground is ready!LOL Isn't life in Arkansas grand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Barbara, life in Arkansas IS grand! I love to travel but I always am happy to come home. I'm a life-long Arkie!

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.