Loading... Please wait...

Friday, April 23, 2010

Great Knits for Summer

As I gazed out the window today, ok, as I sat at my desk daydreaming about my next great knit project, I realized that whatever the season, there is a knit project that’s perfect—the perfect sweater. As summer approaches, the temperature’s beginning to climb in Arkansas, but even here in our normally hot and humid climate, the summer evenings can make you reach for a wrap or sweater to ward off the breeze. But even more than that, we have to be fashionable. Right, girls?

In the search for my next knit sweater, I’ve discovered a couple of essential leaflets for your library. If you haven’t gotten them yet, you’ll want to take a look!


Wardrobe Favorites, designed by Lisa J. Ellis, features 6 wardrobe must-haves, and two of them are perfectly designed for this season. I would say “very cute”.





Timeless Styles, by Cynthia Guggemos, is just that…original knit fashions that remain stylish year after year. Knitted with a light weight yarn, the stems and leaves vest pattern is my fav. I can see this as a casual addition to slacks (as shown) or paired with evening attire. Very functional and beautiful!

The diamonds crop top is another winner. The great diamond design really sets this top off, and the whole design is worked in one piece to the underarm.










Check out these pattern books. I think you will love the results! I can’t wait to get stitching!

P.S. Wanted to share a photo of a co-worker in a recently completed spring sweater. Isn’t it lovely! I adore the color! Laticia is new to knitting garments, and I think she did a fantastic job! Let’s give her a hand!

3 comments:

  1. Laticia, it looks wonderful! Where did that pattern come from!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy N,
    Talked to Laticia and she is working on getting us that info. Don't you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy N

    Laticias pattern was from

    Knitters Magazine
    #79 Summer 2005
    Turquoise Jewel

    Very timeless! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.