Loading... Please wait...

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Collections

Do you collect anything? It seems like most creative/crafty people collect stuff like pincushions, buttons, matchbooks, postcards, quilts, vintage jewelry, salt & pepper shakers, and who knows what all.

I, being a packrat, have several collections, but right now, I’m having a lot of fun with my buttons. Normally, my buttons (that I pick up randomly at auctions, estate sales, and flea markets) live in mason jars and bottles all lined up in a pretty row, but on one of our snow days, I got inspired.

I used scrapbooking glue dots to attach some of my buttons inside the little compartments of a cut-down vintage type tray. I like all the different colors and shapes all displayed together in a touchable format. What do you think?

The Leisure Arts design ladies have their very own button collection. Being very organized, their buttons are stored in color-coded tubs.

Tubs that I can’t resist picking through whenever I have an excuse.

Fellow button collectors—How do you display your buttons? Please share photos of your treasures (buttons or otherwise) and the clever ways you showcase them with the Leisure Arts Community on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Merrilee,
    I love the printers tray filled with the buttons! That is so neat. Thanks for sharing!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.