Loading... Please wait...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Consider Quilting!

Who doesn’t love a beautiful quilt? I’ll have to show you some of my collection someday. I’ve got a thing for vintage quilts in particular…in fact, The Love-Of-My-Life has firmly requested that I don’t bring any more home until I find a better way to store or display for the ones I’ve got. Do you have any suggestions? (I think he’d actually prefer I find a completely new home for most of them…)

Currently, I don’t actually quilt myself (I just appreciate the creativity of others), but I’m thinking about it. I’m seeing a crazy quilt in my future. What about you? If you’re considering learning to quilt, take a look at our Leisure Arts I Can’t Believe series from designer/teacher Pat Sloan:

I Can’t Believe I’m Quilting

This is our beginner’s complete guide to quilting, and Pat shares all her secrets for selecting fabric, choosing the right tools, precise piecing, perfect quilting, quilting by hand and machine, binding, finishing touches, and more. The book features six skill-building lessons that include instructions for these projects: Nine-Patch Block, Nine-Patch Table Runner, Rail Fence Quilt, Nine-Patch Wall Hanging, Friendship Star Table Runner, and Variable Star Quilt.

I Can’t Believe I’m Quilting: Beyond the Basics

Have you mastered quilting basics? Ready to try the next level? Then, this is the book for you. Inside, Pat introduces you to her easy methods for making Flying Geese, how to speed the quilt-making process with Chain Piecing, and the secrets to perfect Curved Piecing. You will also experience the fun of Paper-Piecing, give your quilt a different look by setting Blocks on Point, and much more! Each technique is presented in lesson form with a quick-to-finish companion project—including quilts, wall hangings, and a table runner.

1 comment:

  1. The "I Can't Believe I'm Quilting" Beginner's Guide was my first quilting lesson. It was easy to follow and a great introductory guide. I would recommend it to anyone just starting out in quilting.

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.