The Big Green Book Of Recycled Crafts includes over 100 earth-friendly projects! It’s the perfect guide for crafters who’d like to explore the fun side of recycling and discover that, in fact, it really is so easy, being green!
Yes, crafters can surround themselves with handmade beauty while helping the environment at the same time! Each project in The Big Green Book of Recycled Crafts uses one or more items that would ordinarily end up in a landfill. By finding ways to extend the usefulness of paper, plastic, cans, glass, clothing, and other recyclables, we’ve developed hundreds of green crafting ideas. Each is fun to make and even more fun to give as a gift! Whether the goal is to reinvent a lamp, create artwork from household discards, organize photos, or get more mileage out of an old sweater, eco-minded crafters are sure to find plenty of ideas and inspiration in these pages.
• A Pleasant Surprise – using plastic items
• Renew? Can Do! – using cans
• Waste Not – using paper
• Still Shining – using glass
• Rags to Riches – using textiles
• At Second Glance – using throwaways
Now you’ve got an excuse to be creative! Turn your crafty side towards saving the planet—one craft project at a time!
Got the decorating bug? Want to save the planet? Save your money? Have fun doing all of the above with projects from Eco-Chic Decorating. Anyone who can apply tape, use a glue gun, or sew on a button has enough craft knowledge to rescue a huge variety of items that would otherwise be headed for the landfill.
• Many of these 120+ ideas in this book don’t require any crafting experience at all, and you end up with amazing “new” furniture, accessories, and gifts that only cost you a little time and a few crafting supplies.
• Once you know our secrets of “Renewing, Reinventing, and Recycling,” you can make castoffs desirable again, either by refreshing their appearance so they can continue in their original use or by recasting them into exciting new roles.
You’ll have so much fun that you may forget that this way of decorating is very green! (And if you’ve got a fascination with flea markets and estate sales the way I do, this book will give you all kinds of ideas for your finds….)