Loading... Please wait...

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 3 Knook Blog & Facebook Tour

(Stuff happens…Kim Kotary, the designer scheduled for Day 3 isn’t able to play today, so you’re stuck with me.)

Have you looked at The Knook yet? Did you know that you could actually knit with a crochet hook? Leisure Arts has made it easy with our Knook kit!

Here are the details:

A Knook is a specialized crochet hook that has a cord threaded through a hole in the non-hook end. The cord holds the stitches while you work, allowing you to create a true knitted fabric.

Our Knook kit contains:
• 3 bamboo Knooks—These new and unique specialized crochet hooks replace traditional knitting needles and come in sizes G (4.0 mm), H (5.0 mm), I (5.5 mm). They look like regular crochet hooks on one end with a hole for holding a cord on the other end.
• 3 – 36" long cords to hold your stitches
• Step-by-Step Learn to Knook Instruction Book—It’s easy to learn to knit with The Knook. (We‘ve included both right- and left-handed instructions!) The book also includes four beginner projects—Infinity Scarf, Spa Cloth, Baby Blanket, and Diamond Lap Throw.

Be sure to check out our Knook Page on LeisureArt.com! It features:
• kit components
• how-to videos for both left- and right-handed Knooking
• how-to video demonstrating the technique for combining knit and crochet in one project with the Knook
• 6 free project downloads for Knooking—Drink Cozies, Ear Warmer, Ladybug Dishcloth, Scarf, Cat’s Butterfly, and Sampler Scarf (This design combines knit & crochet in one project using one tool. How wonderfully versatile is that?)
• 4 paid project downloads for Knooking—Baby Legwarmers, Hot Pad & Pot Holder, Fingerless Mitts, and Man’s Scarf

The Knook is currently available at Walmart. It is not available on our website, Walmart’s website, or in other stores—yet. Watch for it in October!

And yes, I really have been playing with the Knook. Since I’m one of those folks who couldn’t seem to master knitting because I couldn’t seem to manage two needles, I’m pretty excited about it. I’ve been experimenting with the Ladybug Dishcloth to get me started. I think I’ve figured out the knit stitch, but now I face the challenge of purling. Wish me luck!

Are you hooked on the Knook? Wanna be? Wanna win one? Just leave a comment here for a chance to win ’cause I’m going to give away two complete kits!

And here’s our entire Tour Schedule if you’d like to follow along for more chances to win:

• Monday, July 25 Drew Emborsky http://bit.ly/Day-1-The-Knook-Tour

• Tuesday, July 26 Karen Ratto-Whooley http://bit.ly/Day-2-The-Knook-Tour

• Wednesday, July 27 Everyday Life at Leisure http://bit.ly/Day-3-The-Knook-Tour

• Thursday, July 28 Lindsay Glenn http://bit.ly/Day-4-The-Knook-Tour

• Friday, July 29 Cheryl Johnson http://bit.ly/Day-5-The-Knook-Tour

• Saturday, July 30 Kim Guzman http://bit.ly/Day-6-The-Knook-Tour

• Sunday, July 31 Amy Gaines http://on.fb.me/Day-7-The-Knook-Tour

• Monday, Aug. 1 Marly Bird http://bit.ly/Day-8-The-Knook-Tour

• Tuesday, Aug. 2 Melissa Leapman http://on.fb.me/Day-9-The-Knook-Tour

• Wednesday, Aug. 3 Cari Clement http://bit.ly/Day-10-The-Knook-Tour

• Thursday, Aug. 4 Kay Meadors http://bit.ly/Day-11-The-Knook-Tour

• Friday, Aug. 5 Marty Miller http://bit.ly/Day-12-The-Knook-Tour

• Saturday, Aug. 6 Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby http://bit.ly/Day-13-The-Knook-Tour

43 comments:

  1. This looks like the perfect tool for a crocheter. I have attempted to knit twice before, but just couldn't get how to hold both needles without my hands cramping. One hook is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried knitting, I'm a crocheter all the way...but, perhaps it's about time I tried something new. Okay, you talked me into it, now I want one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a knitting class and was entirely too frustrated by handling two needles. I like the linear nature of crochet and that I can pick it up and put it down easily, I found that difficult with knitting as well. Of course, I need another project like I need a third lung, but what the heck, I have to use all this yarn on SOMETHING right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The knook is a great tool for kids. I have a couple of little girls in my weekly knitting group who just couldn't seem to get the hang of knitting with needles but are going great guns with the knook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been really excited about the Knook...but haven't had a chance to get my grubby little hands on one!

    I have been trying to learn to knit but I have not been able to yet...I am hoping to get a set so I can take my needlecrafting to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO excited about this kit! Gotta get my hands on one! I'm one of those hookers that is totally at a loss with two needles. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to win the Knook, maybe I could learn to knit better than my dear Hubs can! :) (and he's pretty good!)
    Thank you for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your review of the Knook. I'm not coordinated enough to knit with 2 needles. The Knook may be exactly what I've been looking for, without feeling I'm cheating on my crochet hook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard great things about the knook and hope to win one so I can try it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Knook looks amazing - would love to win!
    Thanks :)
    kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this tool would make knitting more portable, not having to work with two long needles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why did it take so long to come up with this idea it is GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to trying this soon. I'm a crocheter who can knit, but not very well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love to add knitting to my crochet...this looks like a cool way to do that! i am anxiously waiting to get my hands on a knook kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to try this technique. Love the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The only thing keeping me from knooking RIGHT NOW is that I don't have a knook...would love to win one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for this! I really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am always up for trying new techniques. Happy knooking to whoever wins!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like a fun new technique.

    melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would like to try it. I knit but I don't crochet maybe this will help me learn to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a very awkward knitter (and extremely slow), but I'm a fast crocheter. I would love to see if the knook is the technique I need and I hope I win one. I can't find it at any of my nearby Walmarts :(!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is great!!

    I have so been wanting to get my hands on the set, but none of my local Walmarts are carrying it yet. I have just started learning how to knook, so Im really happy to see this kit!!

    So, I shall cross my fingers, and hope I get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Why did LA advertise this and then not make sure that the kits were available in ALL Wal-Mart stores?

    I would really like to learn this new technique/method and buy a couple for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Since I saw this on the blog a few days ago I've been stalking my local Wal-Mart. I can't wait to have a set in my hot little hands...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Count me in.. for the win!! I'm also counting on this new fangled thing to finally get me in the knit of things!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to try the Knook!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks fascinating. I love new things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm posting for Gail E, from Tifton, Georgia, cause for some reason she couldn't get her comments to show up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would love to give the Knook a try...I love crocheting but have trouble with knitting. This looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm a crochet designer, but I can only knit 1 dish cloth pattern! This looks like the tool for me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love my Knook kit. I can knit, crochet eluded me for more years than I want to admit. Now I am Knooking, and not getting the pain in my wrist that I get if I knit for too long. Thank you for this wonderful kit, if I win another, I will give it to a friend so she can learn, too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wanna win one! I'm impatient to give it a try. I've been following the tour and am so impressed with the examples I've seen so far. Very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I found this Knook Kit at my local WalMart. The product is very nice. Love the variety of sizes. I would love to see more sizes available.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Each day I read the blog gets me more and more excited. This has such great potential. I want to do the sample scarf to get the feel then try to design something myself.
    So far I haven't found it in either Walmart close by.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Would love to give the knook a try. Haven't seen it in my local Walmart yet.

    ReplyDelete
  37. DH has been knooking with a locker hook and I would love to give him a kit for our anniversary. I think I bought the only one our Walmart had.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Would also love to give the Knook a try. I don't think my local Wal-Mart(s) have it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Would love to win one, pretty pretty please!!

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.