Have you looked at The Knook yet? Did you know that you could actually knit with a crochet hook? Leisure Arts has made it easy with our Knook kit!
Here are the details:
A Knook is a specialized crochet hook that has a cord threaded through a hole in the non-hook end. The cord holds the stitches while you work, allowing you to create a true knitted fabric.
Our Knook kit contains:
• 3 bamboo Knooks—These new and unique specialized crochet hooks replace traditional knitting needles and come in sizes G (4.0 mm), H (5.0 mm), I (5.5 mm). They look like regular crochet hooks on one end with a hole for holding a cord on the other end.
• 3 – 36" long cords to hold your stitches
• Step-by-Step Learn to Knook Instruction Book—It’s easy to learn to knit with The Knook. (We‘ve included both right- and left-handed instructions!) The book also includes four beginner projects—Infinity Scarf, Spa Cloth, Baby Blanket, and Diamond Lap Throw.
Be sure to check out our Knook Page on LeisureArt.com! It features:
• kit components
• how-to videos for both left- and right-handed Knooking
• how-to video demonstrating the technique for combining knit and crochet in one project with the Knook
• 6 free project downloads for Knooking—Drink Cozies, Ear Warmer, Ladybug Dishcloth, Scarf, Cat’s Butterfly, and Sampler Scarf (This design combines knit & crochet in one project using one tool. How wonderfully versatile is that?)
• 4 paid project downloads for Knooking—Baby Legwarmers, Hot Pad & Pot Holder, Fingerless Mitts, and Man’s Scarf
The Knook is currently available at Walmart. It is not available on our website, Walmart’s website, or in other stores—yet. Watch for it in October!
And yes, I really have been playing with the Knook. Since I’m one of those folks who couldn’t seem to master knitting because I couldn’t seem to manage two needles, I’m pretty excited about it. I’ve been experimenting with the Ladybug Dishcloth to get me started. I think I’ve figured out the knit stitch, but now I face the challenge of purling. Wish me luck!
Are you hooked on the Knook? Wanna be? Wanna win one? Just leave a comment here for a chance to win ’cause I’m going to give away two complete kits!
And here’s our entire Tour Schedule if you’d like to follow along for more chances to win:
• Monday, July 25 Drew Emborsky http://bit.ly/Day-1-The-Knook-Tour
• Tuesday, July 26 Karen Ratto-Whooley http://bit.ly/Day-2-The-Knook-Tour
• Wednesday, July 27 Everyday Life at Leisure http://bit.ly/Day-3-The-Knook-Tour
• Thursday, July 28 Lindsay Glenn http://bit.ly/Day-4-The-Knook-Tour
• Friday, July 29 Cheryl Johnson http://bit.ly/Day-5-The-Knook-Tour
• Saturday, July 30 Kim Guzman http://bit.ly/Day-6-The-Knook-Tour
• Sunday, July 31 Amy Gaines http://on.fb.me/Day-7-The-Knook-Tour
• Monday, Aug. 1 Marly Bird http://bit.ly/Day-8-The-Knook-Tour
• Tuesday, Aug. 2 Melissa Leapman http://on.fb.me/Day-9-The-Knook-Tour
• Wednesday, Aug. 3 Cari Clement http://bit.ly/Day-10-The-Knook-Tour
• Thursday, Aug. 4 Kay Meadors http://bit.ly/Day-11-The-Knook-Tour
• Friday, Aug. 5 Marty Miller http://bit.ly/Day-12-The-Knook-Tour
• Saturday, Aug. 6 Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby http://bit.ly/Day-13-The-Knook-Tour