Loading... Please wait...

Sunday, August 28, 2011

August Toy Pincushions

Hope you’re having a wonderful Sunday! I’m playing with pincushions. The month of August is almost gone, the kids have started back to school, and I’ve raided the toy box for my August pincushion project inspiration.

What I’ve come up with couldn’t be easier! I’m using mini vintage toy trucks and tea cups for my pincushion bases. (The kids will never miss them.)

What do you think? Aren’t they cute?

Here’s what you need to make them:
• mini tea cups & trucks
• scrap fabric
• fiberfill or packing foam
• needle & thread or double-sided tape

For the Tea Cup Pincushions, I just used the fabric, fiberfill, and needle and thread.

Just cut out a circle of fabric, and stitch a running stitch around the edge of the circle to create a poof of fabric stuffed with fiberfill. Then just stuff the poof in the tea cup.

For the trucks, I measured the truck beds and cut a piece of packing foam to fit each bed. Then I wrapped each piece of foam with fabric (like a Christmas present), securing the fabric with double-sided tape. Next, I placed each present in the back of its truck.

Done. Simple. And it‘s kind of a cool way of bringing a little something neat out of the toy box (or off your shelf of collectibles) and making it useful.

1 comment:

  1. These are very cute indeed. Great way to use little toys and display them. Happy week to you...

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.