Loading... Please wait...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trying to Crochet a Tube Scarf!

The kids and the husband were all gone for part of last weekend, so I actually got a little me time…I read a little, watched a lot of Cary Grant movies, and started crocheting a scarf.

Have you seen the new Leisure Arts Tube Scarves book by Barbara Shaffer? I think I like it! (It’s from our Little Book series, so it fits right down in the gallon zip bag that I like to store my WIPS in.) All five of the scarves in the book are made with light weight yarn (so I picked mocha Lion Brand Micro Spun) and are at the intermediate skill level. Until I actually got started, I was a little intimidated because I’ve never crocheted with yarn in the round before, I’ve never worked with Micro Spun before (but it feels yummy), and usually my crocheting skills are rank beginner…

Here’s the scarf project I chose, Wrapsody in Blue (except mine’s going to be mocha).

Since I seem to be math-impaired (can’t count sometimes…), I goofed making the initial chain and ring, but once I got that right, this scarf just started flying along in a pattern of double crochets and front/back post double crochets. Amazingly enough, I’ve discovered that I like crocheting in the round on this scale and with the Micro Spun (you just have to be careful not to split the yarn) and, evidently, my skills will extend to this intermediate scarf pattern. I’m feeling a little proud!

Take a look at the other patterns in Tube Scarves:

Cloud White

Rose Garden

Pastel Pleaser

Blushing Beauty

Wanna try your hand at something different? Try tube scarves, and I’ll try to keep you updated on my progress.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh- I really like the Rose Garden one- so pretty! Beware- now that you've opened the door to crocheting in the round, you may just have to be wild and crazy and try a hat next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great! Post a pic when your finished!

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.