Loading... Please wait...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Writer’s Block?

I write. Somehow, that’s what I do…at least five+ days a week anyway. So you’d think that when it came time to write something worth reading on a scrapbook page there’d be no problem, wouldn’t you? Well, you’d be wrong…

Like every scrapbooker, I suffer from writer’s block when it comes to journaling on a page. For me, it’s easy to pick the paper, paste down the pictures, and stick on a few do-dads, but when it comes to adding words that future generations (or even the current kids) might read, it’s a whole different kettle of fish. It’s so personal. I end up scribbling the names of the folks in the photos and stickering a title ’cause I don’t even (on most days) like my handwriting. Not interesting!

But I have hope…I’m placing my faith in a new book from Creating Keepsakes—Journaling Solutions for Scrapbooks that features over 175 solutions, quizzes, and ideas for getting those words on paper in a meaningful way.

Chapter 1: Write From The Heart has a great section geared exactly for people like me to help them learn to love their handwriting and use it.

Chapter 2: Quizzes, Questions, & Quotes provides lots of prompts to help you put pen to paper…like 10 creative ways to journal about your baby, the Slice of Life Quiz, questions that make you think from Tracy White, inspiration for each month of the year, and more.

Chapter 3: Form & Function teaches the journaling-challenged to use lists, timelines, calendars, and more to inspire worthwhile writing.

Chapter 4: Creative Journaling demonstrates the use of fonts, stamps, and other creative formats to enhance the look of your layouts.

And the book ends with a page of Printable Quotes For Scrapbookers. Sometimes all you need is a good quote to get you started!

I think Chapter 3 is my favorite. (I’m an obsessive list maker, so I should be good at this style!) And I’m feeling inspired to journal now (You might have noticed in the photo of the book that I’ve already marked several pages that I need to refer back to.) Are you inspired now, too?

3 comments:

  1. Everytime I pass a journal in a store, I have to touch it! I don't keep a journal because I also have writer's block. That's why sometimes my blogging has gaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a stack of beautiful blank journals at home (gifts from my children) that I truly wish I could write in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate my handwriting. After my grandmother was gone, I realized that handwriting can connect you to people. I would sit and look at something she had written and feel like she was with me again. I don't know if this is true for others, but it is for me.

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.