Loading... Please wait...

Friday, September 30, 2011

Celebrating Pancakes, Waffles, and Crepes

As cool weather starts to kick in with the arrival of Autumn, I start craving real breakfast food (and not just at breakfast time), and, as usual, Leisure Arts has come to my rescue with a new cookbook that’s got just the recipes I’m looking for—Celebrating Pancakes, Waffles, and Crepes by Avner Laskin!

Chef Laskin offers basic recipes (that even a beginner can master) for each delectable breakfast goodie—pancakes, waffles, and crepes, and then goes on to serve up a tempting selection of both sweet and savory recipes for each for a total of over 90 recipes. (After looking at it, I now wish to taste test all of them…)

Take a peek at just a few of the treats I’m drooling over:

Layered Berry Pancakes (Yum, berries and crème fraiche!)

Fresh & Festive Pineapple Coconut Pancakes (Ohhh, pancakes with ice cream!)

Corn Pancakes (Delicious dipped in sour cream or Greek yogurt!)

Waffles with Caramelized Pears (Topped with traditional maple syrup!)

Waffles with Saffron Salmon (Just a few strands of saffron result in a beautiful, fragrant dish!)

Apple & Cinnamon Crepes (Warm, cinnamony aroma says holidays to me!)

Mushroom & Herb Crepes (Love mushrooms!)

Are you breakfast hungry yet?

6 comments:

  1. I am both a knitter and crocheter for over 42 years!! Learning to quilt and would love to find a left handed tatter to teach me how to tat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been crocheting for over 50 years. I would love to learn this new style of crochet. My grandmother had a hook like the one in the picture, but I never learned how to do it. I love to learn it.
    ksl30@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been knitting for about 6 years, but I wanted to learn for a long time. I am always looking to try new yarn crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I taught myself to knit at 16, but learned to crochet as a child, so have crocheted for 46 years or so. I mostly crochet, as I prefer it, but I'd love to learn to use the knook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a 59y young grandma who had done needlework since I was a child now my daughter,her friends and my granddaughters are all interested! There is nothing as cool as a new tool! Would love to learn this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a knitter, but would love to learn how to crochet. My nana tried to teach me before she died, so it would be a lovely tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.