Loading... Please wait...

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope all of you are having a fabulous Thanksgiving Day! I’m up early baking…cornbread for dressing and two pies while everyone except The Cat sleeps in, so I thought I’d catch you up on my charity crocheting and my newest auction finds.

I finished the Basket Weave hat from Noggins & Necks (which I just discovered is currently out of stock on the Leisure Arts website. Rest assured, more should be arriving soon from the printer!). I almost want to keep this hat for myself—it’s so wonderfully Thanksgivingy!

Hoping to get some crochet time in today! I’ve started crocheting a new hat, also from Noggins & Necks

…the 2-Stitch Hat. I’m really liking crocheting all of these hats in the round, and this is another one.

Here’s a peek at my most recent treasures from the auction—some button hooks, eyewash cups, lots more salt and pepper shakers, some more Swanky Swigs, and some cobalt blue Shirley Temple emblazoned depression glass pieces. Oh, and there’s a green Sunflower pattern depression glass cake plate under the shakers in the back...I may dig it out and use it with Thanksgiving dinner.

Got any ideas for displaying button hooks? I’m thinking about some sort of shadow box something…

Check out my Shawnee Pottery winking owl shakers! Fun, fun, fun…

I think these Tappan chef shakers might be my favorite find! They’re probably from the 1950s and darn cute!

Anyway, gotta go…smells like something’s getting ready to come out of the oven. Gather your family and friends around you and have a marvelous day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of the color orange normally, but I love your Basket Weave hat!! It IS very Thanksgiving!!! Some lucky recipient will really appreciate and enjoy it, no doubt!!!

    Love the auction treasures, too! Esp. the Shirley Temple pieces!

    Let us know when Noggins & Necks is back in stock, ok? Do you have any pictures of the other patterns in the booklet? If so, would you please post them? Thanks!!!

    Wanting to knit, but my cat has held my hand 'hostage' all afternoon (between cooking)!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.