Loading... Please wait...

Friday, January 27, 2012

The 3 Good Things About Today!


But first, the bad news…I owe you an apology! I’ve been reporting that our Knook Expanded Beginner Set would be available for sale on the Leisure Arts website today, but I was mistaken. Our stock of the new Knook Sets is all sold out—thanks to yesterday’s big debut on the Home Shopping Network! I’m so sorry, but I’ll be sure to let you know just as soon as it is available! Probably mid February...

On the bright side, there are three really great things about today! First, of course, it’s Friday. Friday is always a good thing!!!

Next, it seems to have finally stopped raining…That’s very exciting, to me, anyway…

And the third great thing about today—It’s Chocolate Cake Day!!! No day can be totally bad if there’s chocolate and cake involved. The true highlight of my day is the cake I plan to eat when I get home tonight. It’s the Cream Cheese-Topped Chocolate Cake from a recipe out of the Leisure Arts Family Living Our Best Cookbook Collection cookbook. This cake takes Chocolate Cake Day up even another notch by adding cream cheese to the equation:

Friday + No Rain + Chocolate + Cake + Cream Cheese = Nirvana!

You might like it, too:

CREAM CHEESE-TOPPED CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 package (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
3-1/2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 2 eggs, and butter; beat 2 minutes. Spread batter in a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs, confectioners sugar, and cream cheese until smooth. Spread over cake batter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.

Yield: about 12 servings

1 comment:

  1. SO EXCITED that I bought mine on HSN the other day!!! I can't wait for my package to come in the mail...SUCH a great deal! :o)

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.