Loading... Please wait...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vintage Collectibles Update


I scored on vintage collectibles during my last weekend’s rounds of flea market, auction, and yard sale venues! Came home with some cool 1950s-era snack sets, an Iris pattern depression glass candle holder, a Hazel Atlas Chevron pattern depression glass milk pitcher (my only auction loot this week), a fun pincushion, some sterling silver jewelry, tatting shuttles (bone and sterling), two John Wayne biographies (for the Love-Of-My-Life), plus a bound copy of the movie script of Casablanca (for me)!
During the holidays, my family likes to have appetizer nights, so I was tickled to find two snack sets still in their original boxes at a flea market—
Federal Glass Company Homestead Snack Set
Anchorglass Serva Snack Set
Snack sets work great for appetizers with the cups filled with dip or soup!
Yard sale treasure: Gotta love this vintage, Made in Japan, Lovebirds double pincushion! (I can’t help but wonder about the first owner of these lovebirds. Did she fall in love on a trip to Dallas? Am I being lame?) Plus a not-very-good peek at my tatting shuttles...
My turtle ring! Its head, feet and tail actually move! Too much fun!
How’s your vintage collectibles search going? What’s the greatest find you’ve made lately? I’m on the lookout for a new glass display case for my vintage goodies (need more no-dust-allowed storage space)…
Now, I need to get busy planning how I’m going to use my new vintage snack sets for the 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by & say hello. I may not comment but I visit often. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.