3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup cane or brown sugar
1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup pistachios, peeled, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup granola
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing electric mixer, beating with the mixer's flat beater on low speed for 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
2. Add eggs, walnuts, pistachios, cranberries, granola, salt, whole wheat flour and baking powder, continuing to mix on low speed for 3 minutes.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining batter mixture, spacing each tablespoonful 1-inch apart.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes and serve.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies