2 cups whipping cream
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 quarts fresh strawberries, halved
2 quarts fresh blueberries
1. Place a large bowl and beaters from an electric mixer in freezer until well chilled.
2. In chilled bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract until fluffy. Gradually add whipped cream to cream cheese mixture; beat until smooth and stiff peaks form.
3. For garnish, reserve about 20 strawberry halves and 1/2 cup blueberries.
4. In a trifle bowl (we used a 5-inch-high x 8-inch diameter bowl) or large glass container, layer whipped cream mixture and remaining strawberries and blueberries, ending with whipped cream mixture.
5. Garnish top with strawberry halves and blueberries to resemble a flag.
6. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.