Loading... Please wait...

Friday, November 2, 2012

Learn to Crochet: Double Crochet Stitch Left-Handed

I don't think I mentioned this, but I got to go to the Leisure Arts building last week and meet the nice people there while trying to look like the type of person you'd let talk on your blog all the time.  Everyone was very friendly and super-talented, and I had a blast.  Plus, I just had fun staring in wide-eyed wonder at all the crafting goodness.  I mean, one department even has a ribbon room!

And it's all color-coded!

Yes.  There wasn't a gold-plated sign on the door that read "Leisure Arts Official Ribbon Room", but I did hear an angelic choir when I looked at it.  I even met the lovely people who make the video tutorials!  There is a whole person with a body behind the hands and voice in the videos.  I thought I'd remind you lest you start picturing her like Nanny in those Muppet baby cartoons.

This how I imagine all those people who feature their hands in how-to videos.  Except, you know, they're just disembodied hands and a voice.  Image found here.

Ahem.  Anyway...

I checked for a cape, but didn't see one.  Nonetheless, I still think ambidexterity should be considered a superpower.  I'm pretty sure my almost ambidextrous dad would agree, and I think you should too.  I've always thought it would be cool to be ambidextrous, but I'm not.  I have, however, considered its many benefits--the main one being that it would be amazingly helpful to be able to use your less-dominant hand if you ever injured yourself and couldn't craft like you normally would. 

If you're even remotely capable of that sort of thing, I would strongly encourage you to learn these techniques so that you can comfortably alternate methods in case you ever need to.  If nothing else, you can impress yarncrafters around you and pull out these tricks when you're at parties.

If you're just left-handed, then enjoy the video!

Hooray for left-handed crocheting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.