Loading... Please wait...

Monday, November 5, 2012

Learn to Crochet: Treble Crochet Stitch in Foundation Stitches

I really like the treble crochet stitch.  I like all the loops. I like how tall the stitch is. I like the name.  I just like it.  I don't have a lot of upcoming projects that call for treble stitches, but maybe I'll do something to change that soon.

The Leisure Arts website doesn't have videos for how to do a treble crochet stitch in a chain.  So here's your video for doing it in foundation stitches.  I'm sure you'll manage.  Remember when I said that once you figure out how to get the yarn through your loop you can do anything?  I wasn't just being encouraging--it's kind of true.

Once you get to a point that you know how you like to hold your hook and yarn, and your brain doesn't freeze when your eyes send it a message like "ch 15, skip 2 st, sc into one-third of the parsecs for double think, etc.," you're well on your way to being a real-life crocheter!  If you've been watching these videos, then you're probably qualified to just say "Yes." if you people ask if you crochet.  No more of this "Oh, I can only chain/do a few stitches" business for you.  You're definitely a Crocheter (yes, with a capital C!) now. 

If you can single crochet into a chain, you can treble crochet into a chain.  Stuff like this doesn't faze a Crocheter like you.  Foundation stitches are a little bit trickier, though.

So aren't you lucky there's a video for that!?  You are. 

For the record, in case you don't want your brain to freak out: the treble crochet stitch appears as "TR" when abbreviated for patterns, and is sometimes called a "triple crochet stitch."  Man, what do you plan to do with all this crocheting knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.