Loading... Please wait...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Learn to Knook: Getting Started and Left-Handed Foundation Chain


I've started my foundation chain with the Knook!  I'll get started on the next few steps soon, and I've already decided that I'm going to try to knit several of the dishcloths in the ebook, Dishcloths Made with the Knook once I get a little more familiar with this.  I thought it would be a good way to practice lots of stitches and have some dishcloths on hand for the next time someone gets married, or moves, or if I need some stocking stuffers.  Hooray for useful swatches!

And a second hooray for embedded videos!  Here's a video for Knooking a left-handed starting chain.  Boom.



I am so incredibly excited to be able to include videos in the posts!  But here's the link to the video on the Leisure Arts website, just in case you've gotten used to them.

I've really liked watching the left-handed videos for the Knook techniques.  They show how the yarn and needle are supposed to work from a different angle, and it helped me notice some things I need to do that I didn't catch when I watched the right-handed videos.  If you're a right-handed person and want a little more explanation on how to start Knooking, go ahead and watch the left-handed video up there--and vice versa for the lefties.  It's right there for you! I'm so excited about having videos in the post.  You have no idea how dumb I felt writing up video tutorial posts that had no videos in them.  It's a brand new day over here!

I hope you like it!  Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.