Loading... Please wait...

Friday, November 16, 2012

Learn to Knook: Left-Handed Knit Stitch

It's left-handed Knooking time!

Like I said before, I like watching the left-handed videos just to get a perspective on how the process works that I wouldn't have if I only watched the right-handed ones.  These left-handed videos can be super handy for everyone!



 And I know they can be a bit small, but if you look in the bottom right-hand corner you'll see a little square that you can click on to bring the video to full screen mode. 

And, of course, if you want to view it at the Leisure Arts website, your link is here.  It's the very same video, but if you need that extra bit of clarity then they have it for you.  I hope you're enjoying these videos.  I know a left-handed knitter who's a visual learner.  She finally learned to knit after watching a right-handed knitter knit, and then she would try to follow the mirror image in a backwards sort of way.   So she can knit just fine now, but only after a lot of extra hard work.  

I believe in challenging myself to learn new things, but I don't like when a hobby feels like hard work.  Which is probably why I love video tutorials and why I already think I've Knooked enough on my knit/garter stitch swatch (just a reminder: if you knit on both sides of your project, then you're knitting the project in garter stitch) to have the hang of things.  I re-watched the bind off instructions, bound off my swatch, and now I feel good about my Knook knit stitch abilities.  It's like passing through the levels of a video game, or finishing up a chapter in a fun book!


This is apparently my idea of a good time.

So far, I'm really enjoying this Knooking endeavor.  Yesterday I learned the purl stitch so that I could try it out.  I think washrags are good swatch projects for trying out different stitches, and I want to give some to my sister next week as a hostess gift for having Thanksgiving at her house.

This is the Rib and Garter pattern from Dishcloths Made with the Knook.  It's just knit and purl stitches.

I'm already figuring out my Knook gauge stitch is about the same as my knitting gauge--crazy big.  I'll probably move down a size for my next washrag (this is with the H/8 Knook), but I don't what pattern I'll pick next.  Exciting stuff up ahead!

2 comments:

  1. These would make cute hostess gifts if they were made up in the colors of the home you were visiting. Maybe tie them up with some ribbon or raffia?

    I would love a set if you stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't just keep bringing a baby to things and tell you that's my present?!!? Oh man. I currently just have Sara's colors, so you may want to wait until I make another trip to the yarn store.

      Delete




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.