Loading... Please wait...

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Learn to Crochet: Picot Stitch (Left-Handed)


Picot stitches look so different when they're crocheted left-handed!  Let me rephrase that.  The process looks so different.  The stitches themselves look the same regardless of whether you crochet right-handed or left-handed.  But seeing how they're made from another angle is blowing my mind a little bit.



I used to think that picot stitches could look a little fussy, but I like how they look when spaced out across a flat edge.  I typically can't stand when people use the word "pop", as in a pop of color or something similar.  And yet.....I have to admit that picot stitches just pop out and add a little something to an already nice border. 

I just keep thinking about how nice a border in a contrasting color would look around projects.  Like a light blanket with a dark blue edging.  Or some pink at the cuff of a purple sock (I think my daughter would let me get away with this!).  Or some green around this behemoth 'baby' blanket.

Yes, I know this is the same picture from yesterday's post. But it looks the same.  It's just a few inches longer today.

Adding a little bit of fancy picot stitching?  I'm cringing as I type this, but it would make that border pop just a bit more.  I'm strongly considering it.  I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment




Copyright 2012 Leisure Web. All Rights Reserved.